Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Summer Solstice

                      
                    May the long-time Sun shine upon you,
                         All love surround you
                                And the pure light within you
                                      Guide you all the way on.
                                                                                              Mike Heron
                                   

10 comments:

  1. And upon you, Morvah. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice! It wasn't like this this morning, this photo was taken 2 years ago. It was an amazing, misty sunrise and people were hooting to one another from different parts of the moor as the sun rose. Too wet to get up for it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo Morvah! Reminds me of stonehenge! I remember when I was 15 and on half-term, me and my little sister were really bored, so one day we randomly got a train to Salisbury- we met a very nice priest named Rex in the cathedral who showed us around and after that we got a bus to stonehenge. It was such an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odd, or maybe not so odd, my friend and I skipped school one day at the same age and hitched to Salisbury (we only lived about 30 miles away). The cathedral is stunning isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! It must be fate, I don't believe in coincidences ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even odder Sy, is that I hadn't seen that friend for 25 years until last week when she and her husband visited us on the solstice and we all walked up to the stone circle in the photo ! Synchronicity - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh for Pete's sake Morvah, can we go and make soap now like you promised - I've found some dead spiders....

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Zel, they weren't real...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this post! Gorgeous photo, and I love the tales of synchronicity in the comments. x

    ReplyDelete