On a hot afternoon there's nowhere I'd rather be than atop the carns of the Far West,. A soft breeze is just whispering in the white grass, bees are "buzzing and honeying" in the newly opened heather and skylarks flutter aloft, letting fall their cascades of silver song. The sea below lies calm at last, holding its breath between the tides and it seems for a moment possible that all the world should know this peace.
these are beautiful M, wish I was there!
ReplyDeletex
On days like this, we remember why we put up with all the disadvantages of living at the 'end of the line' and think we're pretty lucky! Maybe you'll make it down sometime...M x
ReplyDeleteAh I've always dreamed of living in Polruan in Cornwall! I'd spend my days going for long coastal walks and painting and sailing! would love to visit these parts too, looks beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully written - I was almost there. Wonderful! :-)
ReplyDelete